Before leaving home for your trip make sure you have checked the legal requirements for visiting the country you are going to.
Here are some tips:
- Make sure your passport has a minimum of 6 months before expiry as most countries insist on this.
- Check visa requirements for the country you are visiting. Not sure if you need a visa? Check here
- We highly recommend health and travel insurance for your journey
- Cash and Credit Cards – Good idea to inform your credit card companies you will be travelling otherwise they make block your card to prevent perceived fraudulent charge.
- Print hotel reservation/itineraries or save them electronically for handy access.
- Make a note of Emergency numbers and who to contact in case of emergency.
- Copies of important documents – for this we suggest take a photo of passport and other important documents and EMAIL them to yourself. In the unlikely event, you lose everything you can still go to an internet cafe, login to your email and you will have copies of the documents. Having experienced the loss of everything (stolen!) being able to have instant access to copies of passport and other documents was a real lifesaver!